The new FD-1 diffuser accessory for the Stylus TG-4 improves flash illumination for better macro pictures. Price & availability TBA. Firmware update v2.0 (available now) enables flash activation and enhanced control in the microscope shooting mode.
The new FD-1 flash diffuser (left) promises beautifully diffused illumination for macro photography with Olympus’ ruggedised compact camera – Stylus TG-4 (right).
Olympus has announced the launch of the FD-1 Flash Diffuser accessory for the Stylus Tough TG-4 compact camera.
Feature Highlights for the new flash diffuser
- Dedicated for use with the Stylus Tough TG-4
- Directly attaches via camera lens mount
- Creates diffused direct flash illumination for macro photography
- Effective flash range (in Microscope mode): 20 – 300mm
- Built-in switch provides mechanical reduction of flash power by -1.4EV for enhanced flash power control in extreme macro photography
- Usable lens focal length of 5.5mm to 18mm (30-100mm equivalent zoom range)
- Dimensions: 80.6mm (W) × 60.7mm (H) × 19.8 mm (D)
- Weight: 20g
- Mountable when the silicone jacket CSCH-122 is used
- Usable underwater
The FD-1 creates attractive illumination for the macro photography of nature subjects and small objects, by improving the light quality of the camera’s built-in flash.
Complementing the launch of this new accessory is a new firmware for the TG-4, version 2.0.
The latest firmware provides additional flash functionality for macro photography.
The application of direct, on-camera flash illumination brings many benefits to macro photography with the TG-4, making close-up imaging possible in poor ambient lighting conditions.
The aesthetics of direct flash illumination expands the range of creative expression available to the macro photographer.
Sharper, clearer close-up shots can be also captured with a motion freezing burst of flash illumination that helps to overcome camera-shake.